With every new day technology is taking a step ahead to ease out life hazards. Automobile engineering is one such example where daily commuting and transportation have reached a new level with the help of technological support. Driving has been made easy with multiple automated systems and so is the maintenance of the vehicle. These automated systems are largely dependent upon the sensors that can detect an imperfect condition of the part it is dedicated to. When it comes to maintaining the balance of the car, it indicates the balance of the wheels. Today there are Sensors that can perfectly identify the balance of the wheel and let you know when to take an action on it.
According to the Toms River Hyundai dealer this is an invention that is related to the wheel rotation information, its usage and its correlation with the accelerometer data that helps to determine when a wheel is going through an out of balance condition.
What are Wheel Balancing Sensors?
The wheel balancing sensors can be described as a system that can identify when the wheels of a vehicle are running through an out of balance condition. It incorporates a wheel speed signal something similar to that of the ABS systems. This wheel speed signal is generally associated with the acceleration information that is collected from the accelerometer placed on the axle. Whenever an acceleration profile gets repeated across its several rotational cycles, an alert is created to indicate that the wheels are not having the right proportion of balancing.
How It Works
- The sensors can measure acceleration, deceleration, shocks or sudden change in the car speed.
- The sensors can provide dynamic force measurement in worldwide automotive industrial applications.
- These sensors are available in a number of versions and are compatible with different devices. These sensors generally are accompanied by exposed, customized cables and connectors.
- These dynamic force measurement sensors consist of two molded sensing elements and a kind of polypropylene material that is used for the molding procedure. These materials make the application capable of loading up to 60 MPa while the polypropylene material used for molding the PZT offer excellent humidity and chemical resistance to prevent the sensors from damages.
Features of wheel balancing sensors:
As shared by the Toms River Hyundai dealership, the wheel balancing sensors come with the following features:
- Connectors that are rated by Watertight IP
- Cables that can resist Oil, chemicals and other solvents and are perfect for enduring harsh environment or rigorous garage workshops
- The sensors are easy to install
- The sensors can resist Humidity as well
The Bottom Line
The wheel balancing sensors are examples of a revolutionary invention that can save the cars from facing on-road troubles that take place due to the lack of balancing in the wheels. The balance of the wheels is directly responsible for the control of the car, and the lack of it might result in lesser performance and more fuel consumption. Thus, these sensors are currently the best way to maintain the wheel balance and a comfortable ride.